T40 Synth ok with Loader 1.49 but 1.52 has distortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows 10, Arduino 1.8.9, standard Audio library files. T40 with pt8211

My original S5 code was whittled down to reduce file count and prove that size is not an issue. S5 includes 32 wave table and 32 waveform voices with conditional compiles for up to five Teensys and 10 channels of audio by one USB MIDI source (16 channels). Currently using a T36 host and T40 clients, but a T40 can execute host code by itself.

For more info, see the beginnings of S5's documentation link.

The S5-WT zip file which I am attempting to include eliminates wave table capability and includes a T40 PT8211 1.49 and 1.52 hex files to expedite demos. After loading the file, setup plays a chord of notes on a T40 PT8211 (unless the AA_SYNTH.h file is reconfigured). To also demonstrate sound (distortion or not) the terminal 'a' command plays an arpeggio. A 'W' command plays a built in script of William Tell Overture which can be stopped by '/' or '?' help command.

I have had numerous build problems when attempting to build this on a T41 but thought that this would be the most important starting point to refer to.

I hope to attain USB Audio, Serial, and MIDI, on the S5 host, but can not get the USB audio working. (Yet, I have made a different script design that can handle USB MIDI, Audio and serial on a T36.)

http://dbhale.com/S5/S5.html

I really would be appreciative in any help to get this to work.

Attachments

• S5-WT.zip
    299.9 KB · Views: 55
SimpleWavetable.ino built by Teensy 1.52 has distortion.

I guess I should have reported this as a bug.
I have a simpler example that demonstrates that TeensyLoader version 1.52 appears to have a bug.
SimpleWavetable.ino from the Examples code was modified as follows:

The sound is turned on and off periodically (by software) instead of the a button.
Fixed values are set for pitch and volume instead of pots.
i2s1 and sgtl5000 commented out and PT8211 audio out was added
(No usb midi is required for the demo.)

Teensy 1.49 hex is fine. Teensy 1.52 hex has distortion.
Two hex files are in the zip folder.

Thanks
Dave

Attachments

• SimpleWavetable.ino.TEENSY40.zip
    411 KB · Views: 55
Thanks, Paul !

I tried 3 sketches compiled with 1.53-beta3 which use the PT8211 on a Teensy 4.0.
They all worked OK.

I'll have to now assemble another PT8211 (slightly modified) board for a Teensy 4.1 now that I've figured a way
to include the USB host pins without increasing the T4.1's footprint.
I expect the T4.1 PT8211 audio should be fine.

Thanks ever so much, for you and your team's work !!

Looking forward to finally getting some videos online, soon.

Dave

Thanks for confirming the fix. We're really close to wrapping up 1.53, so nice to know this issue will be fully resolved in the new release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back