Teensy 3.5 driver issues after windows 10 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

edemers

Hello,

Windows 10 did a major update over the weekend. Looks like it reinstalled everything...

Since then, I can't program my new teensy 3.5 boards.

Windows detects it as a HID usb device and it has an exclamation mark.

My old Teensy 3.5 which already has programs on them can be reprogrammed. But none of my new teensy 3.5.

I bought 5 teensy from Digikey last month and none work.

I tried holding the program button but I get nothing.

It seems as though the new windows 10 update doesn't have a compatible driver.

Trying to re-install the teensy software does nothing since it says that windows 10 doesn't require a driver for the board...

Any ideas?

Cheers,
E.

I have one T3.5 which still has the original Blink sketch in it and it is recognized by Win 10 Pro x64 after the recent update. I can also program it.
Does the LED on your T3.5 blink when power is applied?

Pete

Machine here kept current with Win 10 - including the jump to the last 6 month update winver==2004.19041.329 - not had any troubles. Using mostly T_4.0 and 4.1 - did program a 3.6 recently.

Just opened a new T_4.1 and it came up as RawHID and blinking ... pressed button and it went to bootloader and then recognized as a new USBDevice.

Don't recall a bootloader change by PJRC that would have any effect? With TeensyLoader active - Verify a USB Blink sketch for T_3.5 - then plug in with button pressed and release? If it fails open the TLoader Verbose window?

<edit> Have two new T_3.5's
> first must have been programmed as it came up COM30
> second still stapled shut to card from adaFruit (?) - it came up same as above T_4.1 before and after button push - Win 10 saw it properly

Hi guys,

Many thanks for the responses. I just realized that I had applied this solution not long ago.

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/23566-Teensyduino-USB-Joystick-no-data-driver-problem-workaround

Although I have done this multiple time before. I must have deleted something wrong which in turn "corrupted the driver".

Trying to delete everything again to start fresh but some keys cannot be deleted.

I hope someone can help me out on this one as reloading my laptop will take a long time because I have a lot of things on it...

Cheers,
E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back