Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensy 4.1 Ethernet shield was not found

Teensy 4.1 Ethernet shield was not found

Hi,

I am trying to get the ethernet component to work for my Teensy 4.1. I followed the tutorial for putting the ethernet kit together and am running the UDPSendReceiveString example. However, I just keep getting the message "Ethernet shield was not found. Sorry, can't run without hardware. " The led on the ethernet jack does not light up either. Any trouble shooting tips? I seem to be getting 1.6 V drops between the ground and T/R pins. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by umtwademel View Post
    Hi,

I am trying to get the ethernet component to work for my Teensy 4.1. I followed the tutorial for putting the ethernet kit together and am running the UDPSendReceiveString example. However, I just keep getting the message "Ethernet shield was not found. Sorry, can't run without hardware. " The led on the ethernet jack does not light up either. Any trouble shooting tips? I seem to be getting 1.6 V drops between the ground and T/R pins. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
    You did not explicitly say, but assuming that you are using the built-in ethernet PHY, did you change from this:

Code:
    #include <Ethernet.h>
    to this:

Code:
    #include <NativeEthernet.h>
    Mark J Culross
    KD5RXT