life expectancy of 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox95

how long will the 3.6 be around?

is there a board that replaces it?

Im deciding if i should develop a project on the 3.6 board if its going to be phased out anytime soon.

also is there version that's physically smaller than the 3.6 that would have the same CAN bus functionality? I've tried a 3.2 but for some reason the code on the 3.6 wont run on the 3.2 for whatever reason, im only using CAN 0

any suggestions would be great. thanks

First a standard disclaimer: this message isn't a contractual guarantee or promise.

PJRC currently has no plans to discontinue LC, 3.2, 3.5 or 3.6. They are still very widely used, especially Teensy 3.2.

We are still selling Teensy 2.0 and Teensy++ 2.0, which were released in 2009. Even though are likely to continue for some time. We have a pretty substantial number built, and parts to build more. Those old 8 bit boards are still selling, but very slowly. I can't predict when, but it does seem likely the sun will finally set on 8 bit Teensy within the next 5 years.

Again, this isn't a promise or guarantee, but generally speaking PJRC has a long history of keeping widely used products available - probably much longer than most other companies would do.

Teensy 4.1 isn't a perfect replacement for Teensy 3.6, since it lacks the 2 DACs and many of the equivalent peripherals are located on different pins. But if you're looking for something close to 3.6, that's Teensy 4.1.

And if you still need a smaller platform, consider the Teensy 4.0 instead of the 4.1.

Note, be sure to study the pinouts between the Teensy 3.6 and either the 4.0 or 4.1. For example, the pins for CAN, audio, and serial devices other than Serial1 are different between the 3.6 and the 4.0/4.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back