Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: LTC2335-16 CNV input

LTC2335-16 CNV input

Hi, I'm using a LTC2335-16 ADC in a project and I am a bit confused about what to do with the CNV input, from what I read the ADC conversation happens when the ADC gets input on the cnv pin, should I tie it to CS or maybe to the spi clock? Or just use a digital pin to trigger the conversation?
    Btw I'm using teensy 4.1

Definitely don't tie CNV to the the clock. There is a conversion delay - Busy is raised during that period and when it drops you start clocking. Probably just use a separate digital pin for CNV to start the conversion process. I would look at using an ISR tied to busy falling that would start the transfer. If you wanted to regularly sample, you could use a timer for the CNV pin.

Maybe there is a way to use DMA.

Thanks, i was just wondering, this might be a bad idea to, but if i connected busy to CNV, would that make it do a conversion every time its not busy?

I don't know what effect that will have - raising CNV causes Busy to get raised by the LTC2335. But, I would probably use a timer to "schedule" conversions. Then use a falling busy to know when to start the transfer. I'd use an interrupt handler to make the transfer.