Teensy 4.0 removed unused usb ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

micalo

trying to run a teensy 4 as a mouse only and remove the other ports from being detected. Using a tool called deviceview from nirsoft ( this is link to it ) this is what shows for the teensy

teensy.jpg

Is the a way to remove all the ports except the one i need for mouse?

Yes. You will need to edit usb_desc.h. It's in {Arduino}/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4. See the comments in that file for details.

Much of the other USB code assumes you have either a real "CDC" serial port, or a HID "seremu" serial emulation, so Serial.print() can always transmit text to the Arduino Serial Monitor. If you have neither of those, you might also have to delete code elsewhere that depends on having one of those present. Let the compiler errors guide you to whatever needs to go.

If you are using Microsoft Windows, please be aware it tends to cache USB device info in the Windows Registry. Yes, that's rather silly since all that info gets read during USB enumeration. But that's the way Windows works. If you change the USB descriptors, please be aware Windows may ignore and use the prior info from the Registry. It's an annoying problem, especially if you don't realize Windows does this.

Yes. You will need to edit usb_desc.h. It's in {Arduino}/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4. See the comments in that file for details.

Much of the other USB code assumes you have either a real "CDC" serial port, or a HID "seremu" serial emulation, so Serial.print() can always transmit text to the Arduino Serial Monitor. If you have neither of those, you might also have to delete code elsewhere that depends on having one of those present. Let the compiler errors guide you to whatever needs to go.

If you are using Microsoft Windows, please be aware it tends to cache USB device info in the Windows Registry. Yes, that's rather silly since all that info gets read during USB enumeration. But that's the way Windows works. If you change the USB descriptors, please be aware Windows may ignore and use the prior info from the Registry. It's an annoying problem, especially if you don't realize Windows does this.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for that, I didn't know about the registry and it was driving me nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back