Teensy Loader 1.53 does not recognise the Teensy 3.2 board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nir152

Hey,

I have a new Teensy 3.2 board, when I press the button to manually enter program mode nothing happened.
I attached log pictures.

I tried to Uninstall and install Arduino 1.8.13 and loader 1.53.
I changed USB cable and port
But still with the same issue.
Win10 teensy.jpgteensy1.jpg

The most common problem is charge-only USB cables. They have only 2 wires for power, but no data wires inside the cable.

I know you said you changed the cable. Indeed we've heard that over and over on this forum, sometimes where as many as 5 different cables from a big drawer of leftover computer parts all turned out to be charge-only cables. They're incredibly common and usually they look just like a real USB cable.

If you'd like another way to check, you can open the Windows Device Manager. But do not look under "Ports". Teensy is supposed to appear under "Human Interface Devices" in Device Manager. If you expand that group and count how many you have before plugging Teensy into your PC, then compare when Teensy runs the LED blink or runs in bootloader mode. If the number of HID entries stays the same, that's definitely a case of a bad USB cable.

when I press the button to manually enter program mode nothing happened

Even using a charge only cable, something is supposed to happen. Every brand new Teensy ships pre-programmed with a LED blink program in its flash memory. When you plug in the cable, the orange LED should blink. When you press the button, the LED should stop blinking because Teensy goes into programming mode. I know that doesn't seem like "something", but remember we can't see what you're doing, we can't see the Teensy as you say "nothing happened". If the LED stops blinking, that most definitely is something happens on the Teensy but nothing happens on your PC. That scenario means Teensy probably is working properly and the problem almost certainly is a charge-only cable.

If Teensy didn't blink at all, or if it doesn't stop blinking when you press the button (truly a case of nothing happens), well, those are very different issues.

Hey Paul

I tried 3 cables but no luck (the cables works with my drone flight controller when connected to PC)
Regarding the HID nothing changes there when I'm plugging the USB.
The Teensy led is blinking and the button turn the led off as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back