Stuck on an Audio Project: Need PJRC Audio Library & Read Teensy as an MSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaacjacobson

I would greatly appreciate some help on this 🙏

I'm working on an audio project that I need to use PJRC'S AUDIO LIBRARY and ADAFRUIT'S TINYUSB LIBRARY.

1) I need Adafruit's TinyUSB Library in order to easily drag and drop files to the MicroSD card from computer onto project via usb cable plugged into dev board.
2) I need PJRC's Audio Library to play polyphony wav files off of a MicroSD Card via a headphone jack triggered by button presses.

Here's what I'm noticing:

I'd prefer to use use a Teensy (because they're the best) with the Audio Shield, but Teensy doesn't support Adafruit's TinyUSB Library :( And to my knowledge, there is no easy way to drag and drop files to Teensy's MicroSD card by reading it as Mass Storage Device (MSC) via a USB cable from the Teensy to the computer. I'm in the Apple OS ecosystem, so MTP isn't really compatible with Mac... at least I don't think so?

If I use Adafruit's Feather M4, I can't us PJRC's Audio Library to do polyphony audio :( Or at least I think I can't? I haven't been able to find a parts to do it...

What are my options for a dev board and "audio shield" that is compatible with both of those libraries or features?

Are there any options for getting files to a MicroSD card without physically plugging it into a computer?

I'm near the end of a project I've been working on for a long time. Been doing it on a Teensy 4.0 with the Audio Shield, but I really need my project to be able to have a way to get files to the MicroSD card other than removing it from the project and plugging it into a convertor each and every time. Adafruit's Boards have the MSC feature I need, but not the power and audio capability that Teensy has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back