SQPI on Teensy 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xantra

Hi All,
I have a Quad SPI flash chip that I would like to dump, and later re-programme. My plan is to dump the content to an SD card.
If I understand correctly there is 2 empty location under the board for such chip. But I was wondering if there is any library I can use ? I found examples for SPI flash, but it doesn't seems to be quad spi, just plain simple spi.

FYI, the chip I want to dump is a MX25L25635F, the 8-WSON package.

Thanks

Last edited:
@Xantra

Just a quick answer to your question. As far as I know there is now library that supports the MX25L25635F in QSPI for the T4.1. You would have to develop your own using FLEXSPI which is not that intuitive. Right now I am trying to get a 1GB Winbond NAND chip working which is a 8 pin WSON chip that I managed to get soldered on.

Starting with SPI access should let the data be read so it doesn't get munged in working toward QSPI? Not that the driver is there for that either - but probably more similar to others?

@Xantra

Just a quick answer to your question. As far as I know there is now library that supports the MX25L25635F in QSPI for the T4.1. You would have to develop your own using FLEXSPI which is not that intuitive. Right now I am trying to get a 1GB Winbond NAND chip working which is a 8 pin WSON chip that I managed to get soldered on.

I guess you mean "there is NO library".
I was doing some googling and I think I ended up on your github : https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/teensy41_extram/blob/master/extNAND_t41/NAND_SPI_TEST.ino

I will explore flexspi. Do you have a link for the project ?

Starting with SPI access should let the data be read so it doesn't get munged in working toward QSPI? Not that the driver is there for that either - but probably more similar to others?

Right I see what you mean, the device should be able to operate as a standard SPI device, so I should be able to get data off it with standard SPI libraries ? I will export this as well, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back