Delivery timeframes? (Yes I know - Covid!)

Talkiet

I ordered some gear and it was dispatched on 29th April... No sign of it yet here in New Zealand and I wondered if this is typical for overseas deliveries at the moment? I did email Robin a week or two ago but have had no reply.

Nearly 10 weeks seems excessive but hoping it's just delayed and not lost.

Cheers - N

I ordered early June and it arrived in Israel two weeks later with standard USPS shipping.
But, I had ordered some PCBs from OSH Park (they ship from the same state as PJRC) in April, it arrived two months late.

International postal delivery seems to be returning to "normal" for most countries, which was about 1-3 weeks, but a small percentage of packages get stuck in customs and take much longer.

In April and June, it was much worse. The postal systems in many countries stopped accepting all inbound packages, so a lot of the packages we sent got stuck for several weeks. Not nice. :(

Just for a comparison, I've ordered 5 PCB's at JLCPCB.com, in China, ($2 for all 5) on Saturday.
They were made in 2 days and shipped via DHL on Sunday night, for $17.
I got them in New York on Wednesday afternoon.

I think it's absolutely amazing. 5 prototype PCB's, $20 for everything, in under 5 days.
And they work perfectly. No complaints about accuracy or quality.

As mentioned which shipping company may make a bit difference in time.

Example I ordered a RA8876 display from Buydisplay shipped ChinaPost. The same day or maybe the next another person ordered one and had it shipped DHL. His arrive a few days later, mine took about 6 weeks. But I hit it at the worst time. In between the time I ordered and he did, BuyDisplay had stopped allowing new orders to use ChinaPost. Not sure if that has been resolved since then or not...

i've ordered from the states couple times over the past few months. the delivery takes about a month from USA to Canada. The delivery companies have more load now than they used to during christmas time. People ordering televisions, carpets, couches, bicycles,..... you know.... all the "essentials" ��

heck, DHL offloaded my package to Canpar to deliver due to the size of the package (43" PC monitor) which costed me +1 day of waiting because they didn't want it in the DHL truck

International postal delivery seems to be returning to "normal" for most countries, which was about 1-3 weeks, but a small percentage of packages get stuck in customs and take much longer.

In April and June, it was much worse. The postal systems in many countries stopped accepting all inbound packages, so a lot of the packages we sent got stuck for several weeks. Not nice. :(

Just to close the loop on this, the package arrived today, in good condition, 2 and a half months after order... It's not the end of the world and clearly out of PJRCs control... I'm just happy they turned up!

Cheers - N

Hey there, im assuming you may be a fellow kiwi. Im looking to get in touch with someone who may be able to help with some Teensy coding. Willing to make it worth there while if we can get a solution. Any help greatly appreciated.

Back