Forum posting date format is incorrect for locale.

MarkT

I see dates in posting like 'MM-DD-YYYY' yet my timezone is UK where dates are always DD/MM/YYYY. I can't find any
setting other than timezone that I can set to control this. Its very confusing to see dates like that.

I suggest changing either to isodates, YYYY-MM-DD, or full form "July 10, 2020" or similar (many forums do this).

Quick check doesn't show an option for that either in user settings - luckily it is already right :)

Ancient (but awesome) Forum software is due for an update/replacement - acknowledged years back - but not high priority with hardware/software development issues ongoing and even some web updates squeezing in with new Teensy hardware arriving - and new in the planning desk. Tweaks to the Forum system 'historical' defaults for updates are generally not done to avoid risk when the move does happen.

Well MM-DD-YYYY is neither little-endian nor big-endian, so its very confusing! When it does become possible to change I'd vote for isodate.

Well MM-DD-YYYY is neither little-endian nor big-endian, so its very confusing! When it does become possible to change I'd vote for isodate.

Not if you got to grow up with it of course - then the other way is confusing.

Went to another forum with fixed date format like : Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:59 pm with Pretty colors and modern - and no fun - but this one flows better to find new or specific stuff ... as long as search isn't critical ... then Bing or g00gle can help

Back