Ethernet lwip Boards.txt hack? where is it documented?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilB

I overwrote my boards.txt file and lost the "hack". For the life of me, I can't find the readme that describes what to do. Could some kind soul point me in the right direction?

Is it this:

Added this for this machine to boards.txt: teensy41.build.flags.common=-g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -IT:\tCode\libraries\lwip\src\include

replace "tCode" with personal sketchbook folder name and the drive letter instead of "T:"

Thank you.

I'm trying to build lwip_websrv the T4.1 under TD 1.53. I built it successfully under an earlier TD version (1.51, iirc) but am getting this error:
lwip_websrv:191: error: cannot convert 'uint8_t* {aka unsigned char*}' to 'ip_addr_t* {aka ip4_addr*}' for argument '2' to 'void enet_init(ip_addr_t*, ip_addr_t*, ip_addr_t*)'
enet_init(PHY_ADDR, mac, &ip, &mask, &gateway);
^
Using library lwip at version 2.0.2 in folder: D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\lwip
cannot convert 'uint8_t* {aka unsigned char*}' to 'ip_addr_t* {aka ip4_addr*}' for argument '2' to 'void enet_init(ip_addr_t*, ip_addr_t*, ip_addr_t*)'
I thought it was the hack problem but I edited boards.txt with the change and still get the error. maybe it's something else? It looks like there are the wrong number of arguments to enet_init based on lwip_t41.h.

My sketch folder is d:\Documents\Arduino.
Boards.txt entry is now
teensy41.build.flags.common=-g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -ID:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\lwip\src\include

I can see the arduino IDE using the that in the command line and can open files in the lwip directory via that path so it's a correct path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back