Banned from the forums for more that a year now? Seems like whole Belgium is blocked?

educa

Dear anyone who would like to read this

I'm a little desperate. I contacted Paul and Robin multiple times through e-mail and also private messages onthe forum.

I am a teensy (3.6 and soon 4.1) user but since a long time I cannot access the forum anymore. It always says that the admin blocked the IP. I live in Belgium and it looks like almost all IP adresses from Belgian providers are blocked.

The fact that I can acces it now is because I'm on holiday in Germany, so totally different IP pool. I never did anything wrong on the forum, but still it feels so bad not to be able to discuss about the teensy.

What can be done? Are Paul or Robin the admin of this forum or should I contact somebody else?
I didn't get any response to any message I sent :-(

while I do understand that Paul is probably extremely busy and I also understand that sometimes a forum blocks an IP address for example against spammers, this actually disables in my case about a whole country from accessing the forum.

We buy teensies too. They are sold in every self respecting shopthat also sells arduino, pi, ....

so please if anybody knows what I should do or who I should contact to get this solved, please tell me.

as you can see my account already exists for a while and I sincerely never did anything wrong on the forum.

thank you in advance for anyone who wanted to read this and hopefully somebody can help me.

kind regards,
bart

Sorry I know that Paul and Robin are probably still up to their eyeballs.

Hopefully one of them will see this and help you resolve it.

My guess would if you have not already done so recently email one or both of them with your IP address. I know there have been several ranges of IP addresses that were banned as the majority of access was for spam.

This is the last message I sent in a whole range of messages.

Dear Paul and RobinThis is actually my fourth try to get in contact with somebody of you both.I'm getting desperate.1) I mailed Paul on Jan 24th to paul@pjrc.com 2) Then I forwarded that mail on jav 28th to paul@pjrc.com again3) On feb 3rd I mailed to robin@pjrc.com to ask for possibility to beta test teensy4 + also tell again about my problem.Now I'm trying it through the forum, but to be able to do that I must do some tricks, because my problem isI CANNOT ACCES THE FORUM ANYMORE because somehow my IP resides in a IP-range which is blocked on your forum. (I have to go through an anonymous proxy to be able to see the forum at all)So hereunder I post you my problem and I hope that this time I can reach somebody, because the only way I can imagine to contact you after this is sending a paper letter through snail mail to the US.******Hi Paul, Robin, I have a request. It is concerning the forums. If I understand well, then you guys blocked some IP ranges some while ago. Since then I cannot access the forums anymore. That is not so handy of course, because I am certainly not the person you wanted to block/ban, but it looks like the IPs of 3 of the providers I test with are all blocked so real customers are being blocked too. I am a teensy 3.6 user.My IP address is 213.118.29.78If I use an anonymous proxy to surf and cheat the system, then I cannot use Belgian proxy and also not from Holland but a proxy from Germany works. So by cheating I managed to get some kind of access though a proxy, but that isn't the way it is meant to be done ;) You seem to have banned a very large IP range and have locked out a lot of legit users that way too :( I actually shouldn't be banned in the first place, but that has probably happened by accident to kick other abusers out.As a customer it would be very nice to be able to access it. Can some IP ranges be unblocked please ?Kind regards,Bart Libert

hello,

Funny thing, I'm also living in Belgium and have been banned. i can not go to the forum using my GSM on telenet mobile, I AM able to get to this site from my main computer also on telenet.

I have no idea why i have been banned, not willingly have done anything wrong.

Just my "help" in this.

Regards, Otto Hering.

This problem should be fixed now. If anyone following this thread is still blocked, please email me directly and I'll look into it.

It is indeed solved now. Thank you very much. It was so hard to everytime try to find an anonymous proxy to get in while the block was not for me but I was affected

Back