weirdi issues on commercial midi interfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

rozzilla

i apologize in advance since this is not striclty teensy related but i have no other resources to inquire.
I cannot get any midi comunication between an akai mpc 1000 and an irig midi interface for ipad, indeed both of these devices work fine with everything else in my midi studio.
More if i just put something in between them like a passive merge or split box they do comunicate.
since this arrangement is for a portable summer rig I wish to avoid surplus cables and boxes.
what it is wrong between mpc and irig ? how to solve ?
thank you

i apologize in advance since this is not striclty teensy related but i have no other resources to inquire.
I cannot get any midi comunication between an akai mpc 1000 and an irig midi interface for ipad, indeed both of these devices work fine with everything else in my midi studio.
More if i just put something in between them like a passive merge or split box they do comunicate.
since this arrangement is for a portable summer rig I wish to avoid surplus cables and boxes.
what it is wrong between mpc and irig ? how to solve ?
thank you

please anybody ?

please anybody ?

Realistically, what did you expect? Finding someone experienced with these specific MIDI products on a DIY electronics forum is kind of a long shot.

Maybe you'll have better luck if you can find a forum or social media group specific to music production with these types of devices?

Realistically, what did you expect? Finding someone experienced with these specific MIDI products on a DIY electronics forum is kind of a long shot.

Maybe you'll have better luck if you can find a forum or social media group specific to music production with these types of devices?

I sincerely expected somebody could offer its knowledge on hardware design to offer me a hint to build a kind of buffer or an adapter to solve the issue.

I doubt anyone without midi circuity knowledge can help me

Perhaps a dodgy optocoupler on the receiving end or unsuitable resistor values associated with the sending end.

You might post some schematic of how both pieces of kit do it.

Some MIDI devices have non-standard optocouplers or circuits.

A solution that worked for me is to solder a 330Ω resistor across pins 5 and 4 of one connector of the cable, obviously on the cable side, or open the cable at a spot and solder it across the two signal wires.

This drains part of the current and makes output drivers work correctly with low-current inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back