Best large memory solution for sampler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedreiskre

I'm looking to make a sampler with multiple polyphonic samples. I'm hoping to have up to 12 different samples loaded at a time. My initial idea was to use an sd card to store the samples, then load them onto a flash chip when they are selected.

for example, if a drum sample is chosen, the drum sample is copied from the sd card onto the flash memory. However it is looking like i would need an external memory chip to support 12 samples of any decent length. Does anyone have an idea as to what the best solution to this is?

Any idea the size of these samples?

What Teensy?

T_4.1 has pads for tested 8 MB PSRAM or a 16MB NOR Flash - and there is a 128MB NAND Flash under test. Not sure of current support for those items for the method of playback at hand? PJRC Audio library or other?

For the size of the samples, anything 10 seconds + would be great. As for the teensy, i have a 4 on hand, but i wouldn't mind using a 4.1 if it allowed for easy memory expansion. I'm thinking of using a modified version of playFlashRaw (I'm working on in/out points, variable speed and looping). for clarification, is the 16MB NOR flash that has been tested 16Mbyte? also, would copying samples from the SD card to flash be possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back