Firmware.hex File

Aerokeith

I'm using VS Code/PlatformIO on MacOS 10.15.5 to develop code for a Teensy 4.0. I'd like to be able to generate a hex-format object file and send it to a collaborator so that he can download it to a T4 without having to replicate my development environment. It appears that a "firmware.hex" file is being generated during my normal build process, so I'm hoping that this file can be emailed to my friend and downloaded using only the Teensy Loader (which I assume he can install separately).

The build message is "Building .pio/build/teensy40/firmware.hex". I've been poking around but haven't been able to find this file, and I'm admittedly not an expert at finding hidden files. Are my assumptions/guesses above correct? If so, where can I find the hex file, or how can I generate it? Other forum searches haven't produced any clear results.

Thanks!

Finding the resultant HEX file will be all that is needed as indicated for use with TeensyLoader.

Not familiar with PIO build to say exactly. But build likely occurs in some TEMP folder - that may be exposed in earlier output if visible. It may also be specified in the build control files.

On Windows it might be in a folder in "%appdata%" - what the MacOS equal to that is directly or if it uses a user default TEMP folder specified otherwise.

Please help me. I can't find bin file. thanks!
As this thread is almost 4 years old now, might help others to help you, if you described your setup:
Are you running VS on a MAC? which versions of VS and type of MAC, OS, ...

Which teensy are you trying to build for.

Note: your post is the first in this thread that mentioned BIN, typically you look for the HEX file.

Good luck

Hello, I have modified marlin firmware(2.1.2.2) to my needs and than putted it to Auto Build Marlin. After clicking build, i have got the folder with firmware.hex and firmware.elf. I need .bin so I can upload firmware to my ender 3. Can anybody help me to do it. I have changed the stock motherboard to Creality silent 4.2.2 motherboard. Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I have no idea, Could be wrong, but I don't believe that these use boards made by PJRC.

You might try asking up on some forum, geared toward the Ender 3d printers.

Again good luck

No PJRC product has ever used .bin format. This is definitely the wrong place to ask for support. Maybe contact the vendor who sold you this product?

Back