Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensyloader 1.52 onwards breaks ChibiOS on Teensy 4

Teensyloader 1.52 onwards breaks ChibiOS on Teensy 4

Hi all,
    Let me start off by saying that I love the teensy and thank you to everyone on these forums and of course Paul!

So unfortunately I've discovered that when using teensyloader 1.52 and 1.53 (arduino 1.8.12 and 1.8.13), chibios does not work properly on the Teensy 4.
    Here is a link to the chibios library: https://github.com/greiman/ChRt
    What happens is that the program compiles properly and uploads but then renders the teensy dead - not even running the setup code. When trying to reprogram it, it does not get automatically programmed and I have to manually press the program button on the teensy to get it to respond.

I did some experimentation and found that teensyloader 1.51 on arduino 1.8.12 works fine, so it must be 1.52 that breaks it.

I also tried it with a second Teensy 4 with a different cable and same issue.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sounds like it is faulting memory - IIRC that was turned on for writing to NULL pointers?

Enable fault detection perhaps - not sure how that is done for this chibiOS build - but there are #defines left in the CORES code that will enable some way to see the fault - or at least blink LED.

Or if the GDB debugger code build can be enabled and used it will so indicate.

Reading startup.c it should be easy to see where that memory protect is enabled and turned off to test, as it was posted and catching someone else and turning it off 'FIXED' the hang symptom for them.