Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Amplitude Modulation with offset

Amplitude Modulation with offset

I am really scatching my head, but I don't have an Idea how to add an offset to an Audio modulation.
    The goal ist to have an WaveForm object with an amplitude of e.g 0.7 which is modulated +/- 0.1. by an very slow LFO.
    I assume it is pretty simple, but I don't know how. In german i would say "ich steh auf dem Schlauch"

Cheers
    Marcus

I would have the waveform object have an amplitude of 1. Have the lfo have an amplitude of 0.1 and an offset of 0.7. Use the multiply object (in the effects section) to multiply the 2 together. https://imgur.com/a/PPDJKv3
    Ich hoffe das hilft dir

This works very well
    der knoten ist geplatzt

You can also use the DC object to create a constant signal and then feed it and a normal waveform into a mixer to add them together. So if the waveform is a low frequency sine wave with amplitude of 0.1, meaning it oscillates between -0.1 to +0.1, and the create a DC signal with level 0.7 and feed them into the same mixer (with inputs having gain of 1.0), the resulting output will be the sum of the signals. It will be a sine wave riding on top of DC, so it will oscillate from 0.6 to 0.8.

Of course the normal waveform has an offset() function, so you can get the DC offset directly without the DC object and mixer. But not everything has an offset() function built in. If you need to add an offset to some signal that doesn't already have that capability, you can use the DC and mixer to do it.

To actually amplitude modulate a live signal, of course you need the multiply effect.