Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensy 2.0 pinout?

Teensy 2.0 pinout?

I'm switching from a Teensy LC to a Teensy 2.0 because I needed my own VID/PID so I can sell the controllers I make. The LC had a very nice pinout card that showed the front and back of the board. The 2.0 comes with a PIC of the front of the board with a lot less info. I'm not even sure which pads to solder the USB data wire to. Is there a better pinout pic somewhere?
    Thanks.
    John

Never had a Teensy 2 - but it seems the back of the card was written for Arduino usage?

Any additional info would be on pjrc.com - click 'Teensy' top center IIRC and then the available images and info for the devices might show.

Under pjrc.com/teensy/

Then left side 'Reference' shows :: pjrc.com/teensy/pinout.html - scroll to "Teensy 2.0 Pins"

gives the Arduino layout on the backside : pjrc.com/teensy/card2b.pdf

With some effort it seems T_LC also allows changing the VID/PID

Teensy 2.0 doesn't really have any special pins on the back side, other than a place to add a 3.3V regulator if you want to run at 3.3V. That's why the card doesn't have "back side" like the newer boards. Those old 8 bit boards also have a legacy of usage using either Arduino pinout conventions or AVR libc conventions, which is why the card has the same info but different names on the 2 sides. Starting with Teensy 3.0, we moved to using pretty much only the Arduino naming conventions.

Like Teensy 2.0, on Teensy LC and newer boards, you can edit usb_desc.h & usb_desc.c to change the USB descriptor info.

Hi Paul,
    I altered the usb_desc.h file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3 folder for the LC. What folder is this file in for the 2.0 core?
    Thanks.
    John

Teensy 2.0 uses several folders, 1 for each USB type. So if you're using USB serial, look in {Arduino}/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/usb_serial.

Starting with Teensy 3.0 the code was made more configurable, so everything is in the same folder. But the old code wasn't designed that way, so as I added more USB types (now almost 10 years ago) it was done by creating copies of the USB code in separate folders.

Thank you Paul. That was easy enough. It is not as easy to comment out the keyboard, mouse, and keymedia. With the LC it was basically 1 step. Is there an easy way to do it with the 2.0?
    Thanks.
    John