New to teensy audio, done some audio DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiodiwhy

Hi there,

I feel i am an experienced audio DIY person, but I am new to teensy, and for my first T-A "project" although I guess that's not really a project:

I got the 4.0 going and recorded some of the audio examples.

I know this is old hat to a lot of you, but for me, it's been extremely eye opening to start working with this amazing platform.
I can see almost endless potential here in this extremely affordable rig.

I mostly blog to help me retain what I think i've learned.....so I'm sure I'll be uploading more soon.

Please take a look if you have a second.

https://audiodiwhy.blogspot.com/2020/07/teensy-audio-shield-little-audio-board.html

Thanks. IMG_5417reduced.jpg

Attachments

• teensywhat0.jpg
    teensywhat0.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I also noted you installed the 23LC1024 ram on the audio board for longer delay times.
It is worth enquiring if it is possible to use PSRAM on a Teensy 4.1 for this, and is it is possible to install PSRAM on the audio board?

I suspect the info on the PJRC page you referred to needs to be updated for the RAM ratio (1MB vs. 256MB T3x-max) of the new Teensy 4's:
Alteratively (edit), a 23LC1024 RAM memory chip may be added. The Teensy Audio Library can use the RAM chip for a multi-tap delay line, up to 1.5 seconds. See this demo video for details.

Last edited:
RAM chip for audio board

Saibot:

I have no idea what alternate RAM or FLASH chips will work--I can only say that after installiong the 23LC1024 and increasing the audio memory setting in the "Delay" sketch--and using the ExtDelay object instead of the delay object--1500ms single tap delays seemed to worked fine; for my initial tests I felt that was good enough.

Beyond that I am afraid I just don't know, I am too new to this platform. Perhaps someone else on the forum or the folks at PJRC would know more.

I think the noise was caused by me not setting levels carefully enough, leading to poor headroom, but I will look into the adchighpassfilterdisable() function.

thanks for the link.

Ok I will answer half of my own question - no you cannot use PSRAM on the audioboard because its requires Quad SPI.
I still do not know if the delay library, with modification, can use the PSRAM on the Teensy 4.1...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back