Sound Generation with T4.0 and AudioShield RevD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerBaf

Hi,

I would like to do a synth project with a sequencer integrated but I'm facing an interogation. If for example I have a midi keyboard connected to my teensy, and I play a pattern of drum (the sounds come from samples in a sd card connected to the teensy) that I sequence and then I want to play some melody whose note are generated by a synth that is powered by the teensy (using the audio library, something like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymccocF6hTs). My question is the following, is the teensy able to generate and superpose multiple sound?

Hope this is clear (really not sure about that sry :/)

Thank you for your answers

Jérémy

My question is the following, is the teensy able to generate and superpose multiple sound?

Yes. With the audio library you can generate many different sounds and combine them with mixers.

To see how, check out this 31 page tutorial on the audio library.

https://www.pjrc.com/store/audio_tutorial_kit.html

Part 2-2 staring on page 12 shows how to use the mixers to play 2 sound files, and part 2-3 on page 14 shows using them for small sound clips.

One issue to consider is the SD card speed. With the Arduino SD library, usually only 2 or 3 WAV files can be played simultaneously. The sample players and wavetable synth (not covered in the tutorial) are far more efficient, but you need to convert small files into code that you include in your program. You can also use oscillators and effects. Part 2-8 has a simple oscillator demo.

There's also a 45 minute walkthrough video where you watch me & Alysia do every part of the 31 page tutorial. If you get stuck or something doesn't make sense as you read it, hopefully the video can help. If you click through to the youtube page, the video's descriptions has links to each part of the written tutorial, so it's easy to jump to just the part you need.

Perfect, thank you for the answer. And thank you even more for the wonderful product that is teensy and all the content you make around it.

Have a good weekend

Jérémy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back