Marlin on Teensy 4.0 / 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like you have support for 8 axes, which is... absolutely wonderful. :)

What PCB house do you like to produce your boards? I have used Seeed in the past for a few things. Good quality, but the allowed parts can be limiting.

Thanks, was previously planing to have 9 but board was getting too wide. I wanted to stay within a small for factor! Can still support more with UEXT or Extended port
though I still need to figure out the software side! I've been using JLCPCB, they are nice and very communicative! Just received the teensy today and I can have enough

Yeah, I use JLCPCB too. They are pretty good though their solder mask is quite thin - burns off easily. Makes for ugly rework. I also had to stop using octagonal pads because they would rotate them arbitrarily (about 22.5 degress on one board). Their parts library is not bad though most of them incur an extra $3 charge for "extended parts" and they often run out so you have to watch availability like a hawk as you are getting ready to send a board in. But despite those issues, 7 days from order placed to assembled boards in hand is just plain awesome.

Yeah, I use JLCPCB too. They are pretty good though their solder mask is quite thin - burns off easily. Makes for ugly rework. I also had to stop using octagonal pads because they would rotate them arbitrarily (about 22.5 degress on one board). Their parts library is not bad though most of them incur an extra $3 charge for "extended parts" and they often run out so you have to watch availability like a hawk as you are getting ready to send a board in. But despite those issues, 7 days from order placed to assembled boards in hand is just plain awesome.

I actually have manage a sponsoring with them for my prototypes, but one thing for sure I need good quality PCB for final stage and have not search for any ye!
Are there any update on Marlin Teensy 4.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back