Curved text on RA8875 display

Status
Not open for further replies.

pd0lew

Hi all,

For my newest power meter I like to print curved text on the display, so I like print the text in a curved position on my RA8875 display. I can change a liberation_mono.ttf say the character F in every angle adjusted with fontforge, to get the full word FORWARD curved is a lot of work.

Is there a easier way to do this?

Every suggestion is very welcome!

curved text.png

Best regards,
Johan

Looks like fun.

Not sure How I would try to do it. If these were the only thing to display like this, I might be tempted to have a bitmap with it that I just put up on display. But that is probably cheating.

When you are wanting to curve the text, are you also trying to curve each character? That is with the F does the angle of the logically vertical line at same angle as the farthest away dots of the horizontal lines?

Hi Jurt,

Thanks for the repley!

I turn every char in the Liberation_mono.ttf and convert it to .c but this is very time consuming.

I think there must be a easier way perhaps on pixel level to turn every character on the right angle, to get a nice curved word ...

Perhaps someone has a smart idea.... I not see this before on any display so investigation is more than welcome.

Best,
Johan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back