Using SerialUI with Teensyduino to get a Windows GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinthompson

Hi everyone,

I am building a USB-MIDI project (a breath controller). However I would like to tweak some parameters within it using a GUI - a combination of SerialUI and DeviceDruid looked promising. However, the sample code that the DeviceDruid built for me does not compile:

...arduino\libraries\serialui\src\includes\platform/detect/SUIPlatDetect.h:179:3: error: #error "Could not auto-detect platform... define an appropriate SERIALUI_PLATFORM_ARDUINO_* in SovAConfig.h"
#error "Could not auto-detect platform... define an appropriate SERIALUI_PLATFORM_ARDUINO_* in SovAConfig.h"
^
Error compiling for board Teensy 3.2 / 3.1.

I guess the author of the library never came across a Teensyduino :( Searching the forums, I only see one reference to SerialUI from 2013, when I see some fixes were made, but nothing since then...

I tried manually defining the platform in SUIPlatDetect.h as it suggests in the comments, leading to:

arduino\libraries\serialui\src\includes\SerialUIPlatform.h:45:2: warning: #warning "SERIALUI FAIL: Could not detect platform?" [-Wcpp]
#warning "SERIALUI FAIL: Could not detect platform?"

Before I delve too muuch deeper, does anyone already know if I am opening up a world of pain attempting to make this work?

Other Details:
Hardware: Teensyduino 3.2
Software: Windows 10, Arduino IDE 1.8.13, Teensyduino 1.53

Perhaps an easier question... any other suggestions for building simple ways of on-the-fly adjustment of embedded variables - ideally not involving me parsing serial strings, and building my own UI. I *could* do that, but that's not the interesting part of the project :)

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Stumbled upon this question as I searched for answers to a similar problem. Just getting started and I am up against this complaint that I need to "define an appropriate SERIALUI_PLATFORM_ARDUINO_* in SovAConfig.h". I wonder if martinthompson or anyone else has ever gotten past this configuration question with a Teensy board.

Hi everyone,

I am building a USB-MIDI project (a breath controller). However I would like to tweak some parameters within it using a GUI - a combination of SerialUI and DeviceDruid looked promising. However, the sample code that the DeviceDruid built for me does not compile:

...arduino\libraries\serialui\src\includes\platform/detect/SUIPlatDetect.h:179:3: error: #error "Could not auto-detect platform... define an appropriate SERIALUI_PLATFORM_ARDUINO_* in SovAConfig.h"
#error "Could not auto-detect platform... define an appropriate SERIALUI_PLATFORM_ARDUINO_* in SovAConfig.h"
^
Error compiling for board Teensy 3.2 / 3.1.

I guess the author of the library never came across a Teensyduino :( Searching the forums, I only see one reference to SerialUI from 2013, when I see some fixes were made, but nothing since then...

I tried manually defining the platform in SUIPlatDetect.h as it suggests in the comments, leading to:

arduino\libraries\serialui\src\includes\SerialUIPlatform.h:45:2: warning: #warning "SERIALUI FAIL: Could not detect platform?" [-Wcpp]
#warning "SERIALUI FAIL: Could not detect platform?"

Before I delve too muuch deeper, does anyone already know if I am opening up a world of pain attempting to make this work?

Other Details:
Hardware: Teensyduino 3.2
Software: Windows 10, Arduino IDE 1.8.13, Teensyduino 1.53

Perhaps an easier question... any other suggestions for building simple ways of on-the-fly adjustment of embedded variables - ideally not involving me parsing serial strings, and building my own UI. I *could* do that, but that's not the interesting part of the project :)

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back