Audio breakout-Board Rev-D Teensy 4.(0/1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny123

Hi Members of Pjrc.

I've got a question about some routing possibilities of audio, internallly in the Teensy's 4 with the audio breakout-boards Rev-d.

For a project i was looking to manage two audio streams,
the teensy with this breakout board has a left and right input aswell as a left and right output.

Can i manage them as two mono channels, and proces them individualy and send them out as mono?

i just wanted to connect the Left input to the left output, and the same with the right channel, but keep them seperated from each other.
(there wil be no audio effects or stereo processing, it only needs to act as a basic volume-fader to make one of the two mono channels active on a external trigger input)

i hope the question is a bit clear, as it is a very simple routing of audio.
(still a beginner in this world there for i liked to ask this question first to find out if its possible :) and that the 2 mono streams arrent mixed-up in the proces)

Thnx in advance

Yours
Danny

Yes, you can use the audio shield as 2 mono inputs and outputs.

To understand how, check out this 31 page tutorial. It also has a full walkthrough video on that page, in case you get stuck or just prefer to watch a demo. Part 2 shows how to use the design tool to create your own audio processing design. Even though the 2 audio channels arrive from the same hardware, hopefully you can see in the tutorial how you could pretty easily just draw 2 separate mono processing sections.

Yes you can do this, but note the crosstalk spec isn't brilliant, at -80dB, so if one channel is silent you may be able to detect breakthrough
from the other in extreme conditions. For stereo use crosstalk is basically immaterial so long as its below -30dB, so -80dB is pretty good,
but not mixing-desk standard, for instance - it depends on the application whether this might be a problem or not.

Thnx for the quick answers, appriciated.

I am going to test it out, and will take a listen to the crosstalk, and if its acceptable. Thnx

@Paul, thnx for the tip on the audio-workshop. ive completed this with the teensy4.0 a small month ago (had a great time with learning and discovering it all)
the audio disigntool is briljant :)
I am still at the novice level, but these workshop & tools really helped me out. Keep up the good works.

Greets
Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back