Audio System Design Tool -- Save different designs--

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdoan

How do you save different designs (locally) for the Audio System Design Tool?

Is there a directory or registry location (in Windows) that stores them?

Or do you just save the link to the "web page"?

Not sure if this answers the questions?

If desired - TeensyDuino puts a local copy in the install directory on this machine as :: "T:\arduino-1.8.13\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio\gui\index.html"

There is an Export and Import feature that presents the connections and locations to reproduce them in a text format - file management for saving and restoring would be up to 'the user' AFAIK.

The 'current work in progress' is cached somewhere when the page is re-entered.

Notes from the right pane on starting::
Welcome
The Audio System Design Tool lets you easily draw a system to process 16 bit, 44.1 kHz streaming audio while your Arduino sketch also runs.

Export will generate code to copy into the Arduino editor, to implement your system.

Most objects provide simple functions you can call from setup() or loop() to control your audio project!

Offline Use
This tool does not use a server. A stand-alone copy is provided with the Teensy Audio Library, in the gui folder.

I am not talking about exporting the code.
Got that covered.
I am looking for a way to manage the (many) different GUI designs.
If I save the http address from the browser, that works but the design is still on the PJRC server.
How do I save the GUI design locally?

I assume it is stored in a cookie to the 'site'. If running the local installed copy - it acts the same way - not using a server in any way.

I opened one browser instance to link above - then a second and dropped an item - returned to the first hit refresh and the design filled in the blank page.

I manage multiple designs it seems they would need to be imported/exported during the transfer - perhaps multiple browsers.

So Paul, without drawing the entire project over again on a local copy of the GUI, how do I save or copy and paste from your server to my local machine?

So Paul, without drawing the entire project over again on a local copy of the GUI, how do I save or copy and paste from your server to my local machine?

There are Export and Import buttons the top of the tool. On my Linux system, the Export button is in red, and the Import button is in green.

If I click on the Export button, it brings up a screen with the whole text highlighted via Control-A and Control-C, so you can insert the text into the clipboard. Presumably in your editor you can do a paste (control-V) from the clipboard to get the source.

Similarly, if click the Import button, it brings up a screen that I can paste the source into (typically Control-C in your editor, and Control-V to paste the copied source into the screen).

It's using HTML5 window.localStorage.

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_webstorage.asp

Cookies are *not* used, because it's designed to be able to work if you just access the page as a file from your computer. Cookie are implemented by headers from a server. You can't use cookies from a .html file loaded from a disk rather than a server.

Nice, Intended to write and thought I had written 'or something similar' - but was rushing out the door.

HTML5 window.localStorage is a nice feature - well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back