how to access the USB client pins D+ and D-

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently using the Teensy 3.6 and I access to the client USB D+ and D- pins through the pads located on the bottom side below the usb micro connector.
I want to use the Teensy 4.1 but I can't find a way to access the above mentioned USB pins.
Paolo

T_4.1 has similar 'device' USB under the USB micro connector. They are smaller 'circle' pads for D+ and D-.

I'm currently using the Teensy 3.6 and I access to the client USB D+ and D- pins through the pads located on the bottom side below the usb micro connector.
I want to use the Teensy 4.1 but I can't find a way to access the above mentioned USB pins.
Paolo

I had the same problem with a Teensy 4.0. I do not know if the 4.1 is the same, but in my project the 4.0 will be inside a box with a USB panel mounted jack. As someone else mentioned in another thread, what I did was cannibalize a USB cable, plug it into the jack on the 4.0 and solder the other end to the panel mounted jack.

On the T_4.0 as @OhioJim discovered the device USB is only on the attached connector, and the similar under pads on the T_4.0 are for USB_HOST. Larger T_4.1 size like the T_3.6 the USBHost pins are in the same place.

PJRC shipped the T_4.1 with those smaller USB Device pads to make them available with the expectation they would be usable even at the higher 480Mbps speed it provides.

About those pads on the bottom side of Teensy 4.1

usb.jpg

Teensy 2.0 doesn't have USB D+ & D- test points. There are no equivalent pads on those older boards. Only the newer Teensy models have this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back