Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: how to access the USB client pins D+ and D-

how to access the USB client pins D+ and D-

I'm currently using the Teensy 3.6 and I access to the client USB D+ and D- pins through the pads located on the bottom side below the usb micro connector.
    I want to use the Teensy 4.1 but I can't find a way to access the above mentioned USB pins.
    Paolo

T_4.1 has similar 'device' USB under the USB micro connector. They are smaller 'circle' pads for D+ and D-.

Quote Originally Posted by paoloboatto View Post
    I'm currently using the Teensy 3.6 and I access to the client USB D+ and D- pins through the pads located on the bottom side below the usb micro connector.
    I want to use the Teensy 4.1 but I can't find a way to access the above mentioned USB pins.
    Paolo
    I had the same problem with a Teensy 4.0. I do not know if the 4.1 is the same, but in my project the 4.0 will be inside a box with a USB panel mounted jack. As someone else mentioned in another thread, what I did was cannibalize a USB cable, plug it into the jack on the 4.0 and solder the other end to the panel mounted jack.

When I was doing a one off box, I used something like: https://smile.amazon.com/CERRXIAN-Fe.../dp/B07G4XYJ5W

On the T_4.0 as @OhioJim discovered the device USB is only on the attached connector, and the similar under pads on the T_4.0 are for USB_HOST. Larger T_4.1 size like the T_3.6 the USBHost pins are in the same place.

PJRC shipped the T_4.1 with those smaller USB Device pads to make them available with the expectation they would be usable even at the higher 480Mbps speed it provides.

Adafruit sells one too.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/937

About those pads on the bottom side of Teensy 4.1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	usb.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	21420