Hooking up a Teensy 4.1 to an Axoloti board. I have never worked with electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitachii

Hello!

Some context: I recently discovered the incredibly versatile Axoloti board for music making. I'm obsessed with the possibilities available to me now. I was inspired after seeing peoples' DIY enclosures, and ambitiously decided that this would be my first ever electronics project. Of course, this means that I have to learn A LOT of things at once. I've put some time into watching videos on beginners electronics, but unfortunately I don't feel like I'm much closer to understanding how to accomplish this goal.

Now for what brings me to this board: I want to build an enclosure that has 16 pots, a 4x4 LED button grid, and a 128x64 OLED screen. Someone on the Axoloti forum told me to outsource the project to a Teensy and use midi signals, in order to save resources on the Axoloti. Sounds great! I just have no idea where to get started. As previously mentioned, I have 0 experience with electronics. The only reason for continuing with this project is that I've been assured that very little electronics knowledge is required.

Right now I'm only concerned with the hardware aspect. Programming the screen and assigning pots to parameters in Axoloti will come later. However if any programming is involved to set the Teensy up, I would like to learn that.

With all of that said, can anyone help me on wrapping my mind around how to connect all of the mentioned parts? I would love it if there are any instructional YouTube videos or books that I can reference. I like the idea of "give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for life". I'll probably have questions along the way, however.

If it helps at all, here's a project that someone did using a Teensy. For me, looking at these images is currently like trying to read hieroglyphics, but I hope that changes soon!

Thanks in advance for any help. With any luck, this project will be the beginning of a really cool voyage into electronics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back