Problem with numbering of objects in Audio System Design Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanK

Hi,
There's a minor bug in the design tool. If, for example, you drag on one Mixer, and then copy and paste that Mixer, the two are named Mixer1 and Mixer2. If you then drag on another mixer, however, it's also named Mixer2. The same thing happens with other object types,
All the best,
Alan

Hi,
There's a minor bug in the design tool.

There's a subforum for bug reports.

I don't see this issue, in fact copy/paste seems to do nothing in Firefox (77.0.1) or Chrome (84.0.4147.135) for me.

You should give details of your setup when reporting bugs, in particular for a webtool the version of the
browser you are using. Someone has to go and reproduce the problem, so they need to know such things.

Sorry for posting to the wrong place. It happens in Chrome (Version 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and in Edge (Version 84.0.522.52 (Official build) (64-bit)). The problem is not with copying - it occurs when you mix copying objects and dragging on new ones. To see it, drag on a mixer, copy and paste that mixer, and then drag on another mixer

Sorry for posting to the wrong place. It happens in Chrome (Version 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and in Edge (Version 84.0.522.52 (Official build) (64-bit)). The problem is not with copying - it occurs when you mix copying objects and dragging on new ones. To see it, drag on a mixer, copy and paste that mixer, and then drag on another mixer

That's what I did, copy and paste do nothing for me, I can only get copies by dragging.

I was able to duplicate the behavior you were talking about in Chrome(Version 84.0.4147.135 (64-bit)). Seems to be a pretty minor issue, as you can just rename any particular object simply by double clicking on it. The audio tool is nice to quickly route complex ideas but it isn't perfect. For example it doesn't automatically handle matrix connections without some trivial recoding.

In function checkId in nodes.js it checks against id instead of name. And because copy/paste generates random id the numbering dont work on theese id:s. But i think this will introduce other problems so the checkId in getUniqueCppName should be replaced by new function checkName that checks against the name instead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back