Arduino 1.8.13.
Teensyduino 1.53.

Example from Blink.ino:
Code:
[
  {
    "Sourcefile": null,
    "Include": "",
    "Includepath": "D:\\Program Files\\arduino-1.8.13\\hardware\\teensy\\avr\\cores\\teensy4"
  },
  {
    "Sourcefile": "C:\\Users\\User\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_751549\\sketch\\Blink.ino.cpp",
    "Include": "",
    "Includepath": null
  }
]
Still crashes unless I remove the includes.cache file.

I am not an expert on this, but again wonder what is different about your machine? and how Arduino is installed?

For example again is it an issue with administrator versus user who is not... Virus protection software...

Also things to try. Did you try changing the Arduino preferences? in the file preferences.txt Note: as the IDE mentions, when you change this file you need to not be running the IDE...

But you might look for lines like:
Code:
cache.enable=true
compiler.cache_core=true
And change one or both to false and see if that helps.

But you might look for lines like:
Code:
cache.enable=true
compiler.cache_core=true
And change one or both to false and see if that helps.
That would effectively be the same thing as deleting the cache file, so it would work for people who don't use a Build.cmd (i.e. those who are building from inside the Arduino IDE.)

Went back to 1.8.9 and it will compile over and over, while using the cache. It's not the huge speedup I was hoping for, but now the compilation has gone from ~17 seconds to about 10. Doesn't hold a candle to PHP, but good enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back