Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Sketch to test the ili9341 touch sensor with my Teensy 4.0?

Sketch to test the ili9341 touch sensor with my Teensy 4.0?

Hi, I'm having some trouble with a sketch that includes using my ili9341 TFT's touch sensor connected to my Teensy 4.0. I'm wondering if it is not connected properly. Does anyone know of a sketch I can run to show that it's working correctly?

Thanks!

There are example sketch in the File / Examples for each driver Library.

Finding those might yield one that has useful connect and usage info.

There also are ref notes on connection pin #'s for the display on the PJRC.com product page for ili93411.

With a working display and reliable connections to the right pins that should work, good luck - if issues post what was tried and where it ended up,

As @defragster mentioned, it would really help anyone help you if they knew which display you are using? One of the Adafruit ones? The one that PJRC sells, or ???

Why this maters is for example the Adafruit display and the PJRC one use different touch controllers, so things are different between the two. Others may not have a touch controller at all and you need to hook up several pins to analog... So very different.

But if it is the PJRC one: https://www.pjrc.com/store/display_ili9341_touch.html
    That page shows you some possible pins to use for Touch...

Then depending on which library you use, some may have example for this display. Mine does (github.com/kurte/ili9341_t3n) has an example: touchpaint_xpt2046 which works on this display. I am not sure if the Pull Request I did long time ago to add this also to the main ili9341_t3 library that ships with Teensyduino ever got merged or not....

Tthanks @defragster and @KurtE. I'm using PJRC's version of the display. I'll give it a try. Thanks!