Teensy 4.0 Pin Current Capability

jkoffman

Hi all,

I can't seem to find a reliable answer for the current capability (source/sink) of the I/O pins on the Teensy 4.0.

I thought that info would be in here:

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/IMXRT1060CEC_rev0_1.pdf in table 22 (page 34), but no luck.

There's a table on the PJRC site, but I know updating it is a much lower priority job than all the programming and designing, so it's a bit out of date.

I'm sure I'm missing this somewhere simple, I just can't for the life of me figure out where.

Thank you!

Ah, thank you very much Paul!

So based on this I'm seeing 4ma? Am I reading that right?

Thank you!

Yes, that's what I read as well when the Drive Strength (DSE) setting is '111'. But I have no idea what the actual DSE setting is or how/where it can be set.
I think it's defined in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy4\core_pins.h [line 434] but I'm not sure. Perhaps Paul Stoffregen knows?

Paul

DSE is basically Drive Strength Enable, the higher the number the higher the current (1 to 4 mA) the pin can drive (HIGH) or SINK (low), this affects the speed of transitions (slew rate of the signal) I noticed the core uses 7 for 4mA as default.

Unfortuntely I do not see why this drive strength and hysterisis is need on INPUT_DISABLE for analog inputs,

Back