Teensy 4.0 Shield ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

PickyBiker

I want to use an Arduino UNO shield with my Teensy 4.0. I see there is a shield that fits Teensy 3.1 & 3.2, but I need one for the Teensy 4.0.

Does anyone make one for the Teensy 4.0?

The PJRC site says, "Teensy 4.0 is the same size and shape as Teensy 3.1, and retains compatibility with most of the pin functions on Teensy 3.2"

So I ordered the SparlkFun shield for the 3.1. I'll let you know if it works or not.

Remember 5V is death to the Teensy 4, its 3.3V only. The 3.1 and 3.2 are 5V tolerant so a shield adapter won't put
those at risk from a 5V shield, but the T4 will die in this situation without level-shifting on the adaptor.

Remember 5V is death to the Teensy 4, its 3.3V only. The 3.1 and 3.2 are 5V tolerant so a shield adapter won't put
those at risk from a 5V shield, but the T4 will die in this situation without level-shifting on the adaptor.

IIRC, newer Arduino shields should be able to run with either 3.3v or 5v power. The Teensy would run the shield at 3.3v. Older shields are 5v only, and you probably want to use just the Teensy 3.2 and 3.5 processors with those old shields.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back