Teensy 4.0 USB serial with NXP SDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

bezalelk

Hi,

I want to send and receive data from my computer to the Teensy 4.0. If I create my project using arduino IDE it is not difficult.
I am writing my project using NXP SDK, I need the benefits that the SDK gives me.
How can I define the serial port via the micro USB so I can do this?

TIA,

Paul crafted working USB code for the ARM T_3.0 and has evovled it for all the newer Teensy products as well. That is the code working with Arduino installed with TeensyDuino.

Hard to believe the SDK for those and many others as the family of microcontrollers evolved without example usable USB code as one of its benefits?

The SDK does not support naturally the Teensy board, so i'm not sure what changes I need to do in order for it to work.

Where can I get a hold of Pauls USB code for Teensy 4.0?

The SDK does not support naturally the Teensy board, so i'm not sure what changes I need to do in order for it to work.

All of the sources used for running code is installed with Teensy Installer in the indicated Arduino IDE folder.

Assuming you've installed Arduino & Teensyduino, the code is already on your computer at {Arduino}/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4. Look at the files usb.c, usb_serial.c and usb_desc.c for the USB code. The usb_desc.h header file is also quite important for configuring which USB type the code will implement.

If you are using Windows, the default Arduino location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino. On Macintosh & Linux, or Windows if you used the non-admin ZIP file, it's wherever you extracted Arduino and selected when you run the Teensyduino installer.

I am writing my project using NXP SDK, I need the benefits that the SDK gives me.

I'm curious what benefits you're expecting from NXP's SDK. Can you explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back