Is it possible to connect the usb2 port on Teensy 4.1 to the computer? I have tried b

VanThan

Is it possible to connect the usb2 port on Teensy 4.1 to the computer? I have tried but it's failed. Screenshot 2020-09-12 205747.png

Short answer is no. That port is only meant to run in USB host mode.

Longer answer is the hardware can do this, but software support is lacking.

Thank you. I just started my project with Teensy but have very little tutorials on it. I have to fake ip here because the ip package of Vietnam is blocked without knowing why.

Longer answer is the hardware can do this, but software support is lacking.

Just to clarify – "software support" here means just libraries & drivers provided with Teensyduino and the core library repo – MCU itself is capable of implementing two separate USB devices connected to two different hosts?

I am starting to plan my custom mechanical keyboard (as custom as I can do, it's supposed to be a hobby project, not a practical one – I want very overpowered MCU and a lot of bells and whistles), and one of the ideas was to be able to plug the thing into two separate computers and implement something like a KVM switch (just the K part, though) without physically disconnecting from one USB host and connecting to another one. Teensy would be connected to two different computers on two USB hosts, present to each as a keyboard, and decide where to send keystrokes based on any logic I could program into firmware.

Would this be possible? From a glance at the IMXRT1062 reference, it should be. Am I right?

Should mention, there are ways for you to talk to second PC through the host if you desire. At least by simple Serial...

That is we support many of the USB to Serial adapters (FTDI, PL2303, CH341, CP210).. Then depending on your adapters, you can maybe either setup to hardware Serial port on the second PC or use another USB to serial adapter that connects up the one on the Teensy...

Of course you could in this case also bypass using the USB to Serial adapter on the Teensy and simply connect up to Hardware Serial pins.

Hope that makes sense.

That is we support many of the USB to Serial adapters (FTDI, PL2303, CH341, CP210)

So if I needed to connect the same Teensy to 2 PCs, using one for bootload and debug and the other to act as a HID device, which one should I use for the former and which for the latter? On-board USB Device for bootload?

If latency was an issue (but only for HID/Raw HID), is there a USB to Serial adapter best suited/supported for Teensy 4.1 that you'd recommend?

Back