Teensy 4.1: Do I need to use a knife to sever a circuit for simultaneous power/usb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitachii

Hello,
I've seen that the other teensy boards need to be cut in a certain place using an xacto knife in order to power the board and use USB at the same time. Is this the case for the Teensy 4.1, and where can I find the place to cut? Thank you!

Hello,
I've seen that the other teensy boards need to be cut in a certain place using an xacto knife in order to power the board and use USB at the same time. Is this the case for the Teensy 4.1, and where can I find the place to cut? Thank you!

It is in the same place as on the other Teensy's.

Looking at this picture of the bottom of the Teensy 4.1:
2020-05-16-16-04-002-teensy.jpg

If you look at the upper right hand side, the last pin labeled is the 3.3v pin. The next pin to the right is the ground pin, and below this pin is another pin for VUSB (the power line from USB). Going to the last pin on the right, this is VIN. Just under this pin are two solder pads with a thin line of mask connecting them (top pad is VIN, pad underneath it is VUSB). If you cut this mask with the knife, you will need to power the Teensy with power to VIN, possibly using some connection from VUSB if there is no external power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back