Teensy4.1 EXT Flash chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGipson

Can the rear external EEPROM chip be installed without installing the PSRAM IC chip as well?

What should be the memory address range of the EEPROM?

Yes, it definitely can support one of either chip.

Don't have the address at hand - but it takes setup and while read is by direct address - write must use wrapper functions. The address and the setup and write usage are demonstrated in the extRam (?) on github for PaulStoffregen - other threads discussing that as well. Most extensive examples are for SPIFFS on T_4.2 in that code.

The PSRAM 1 or 2 chips is checked in startup before setup() is entered, if found the QSPI processor support for them is enabled, this is NOT the case for the FLASH chip installed given the chip can vary - but only a single source/type of those PSRAM chips is seen present at this time.

Thank you defragster... I'll continue my quest to become smarter on these teensy4.1 boards. I'm liking them a LOT and am building them into a project I have going right now. I was going to use a F280049 but these are MUCH easier to work with. Thank you from a new member.

You are welcome and Welcome! Good luck with your project.

The Teensy units are very likeable! The forum search until it moves to a new platform is a bit weak but Bing and Google keep good tabs and having a good global search editor on the sources is a big help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back