Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensy 4.1 recording sound and saving it to SD card with the correct date

Teensy 4.1 recording sound and saving it to SD card with the correct date

Hi all, hope this message finds you well..

I am trying to record sounds and save it to my micro sd card. I get it right to record and save the sound(even tho there is a constant noise there in the background which I must still figure out) to my micro sd card, but the timestamp is wrong. I am pretty new to the teensy I will admit, but I am struggling to wrap my head around getting everything to synchronize well...

The basis of my code is using the WavFileWriter program from https://github.com/Foaly/WavFileWriter in order to record sound, and the I am using TimeTeensy3 to set the time...

So I would like to find out the following based on the numbering of the screenshots:
    1) Why is the date being set as 2000/01/01, or more importantly, where should I look to access this and modify it
    2) My code can only work for the name second.wav, when I change it, it no longer works

I still plan to implement data-logging, in order to record sounds for example 30 minutes every hour, and want to save it at the correct times.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	21782   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.PNG 
Views:	6 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	21783  

Attached Files Attached Files