How to use TimerOne Library with Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarstenA

I was an experienced ANSI C programmer in the past but a complete newby for Arduino (my former Job is my new Hobby now :))

I'm a proud owner of an Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2 and try to use the TimerOne library since it seems to do exactly what I need (Timer Interrupt and PWM Functionality) but run into some compiling issues.
I guess that is related to the fact that the CPU is different to the standart Arduino Uno one but I was told that they are "completely" compatible...

Questions:
What do I have to do to compile that library?
Are there alternatives I could use instead?

Here is my code:

// definitions for Timer Interrupt handling
#define TIMER1_ONE_SECOND 1000000
#include "TimerOne.h"

void TimerHandler1(void)
{
Serial.println("Tick"); // do "something" for the start
}

void setup()
{
//***************************************************************
// Initialize Timer 1
//***************************************************************
Timer1.initialize(TIMER1_ONE_SECOND); // initialize timer1, and set a 1 second period
Timer1.attachInterrupt(TimerHandler1); // attaches callback() as a timer overflow interrupt
}

void loop()
{
}

Here is what I see when I try to compile it (just the start, there is a whole lot of that errors)

ARNUNG: Bibliothek TimerOne-1.1 behauptet auf avr Architektur(en) ausgeführt werden zu können und ist möglicherweise inkompatibel mit Ihrem derzeitigen Board, welches auf megaavr Architektur(en) ausgeführt wird.
In file included from C:\Users\User\Documents\Arduino\my sketches\my_first_project_work\my_first_project_work.ino:38:0:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\TimerOne-1.1/TimerOne.h: In member function 'void TimerOne::initialize(long unsigned int)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\TimerOne-1.1/TimerOne.h:47:2: error: 'TCCR1B' was not declared in this scope
TCCR1B = _BV(WGM13); // set mode as phase and frequency correct pwm, stop the timer
^~~~~~
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\TimerOne-1.1/TimerOne.h:47:2: note: suggested alternative: 'TCB1'
TCCR1B = _BV(WGM13); // set mode as phase and frequency correct pwm, stop the timer
^~~~~~
TCB1
In file included from c:\users\user\appdata\local\arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino5\avr\include\avr\io.h:99:0,
from c:\users\user\appdata\local\arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino5\avr\include\avr\pgmspace.h:90,
from C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\megaavr\1.8.6\cores\arduino/api/String.h:31,
from C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\megaavr\1.8.6\cores\arduino/api/Print.h:24,
from C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\megaavr\1.8.6\cores\arduino/api/Stream.h:25,
from C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\megaavr\1.8.6\cores\arduino/api/Client.h:22,
from C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\megaavr\1.8.6\cores\arduino/api/ArduinoAPI.h:29,
from C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\megaavr\1.8.6\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:23,
from sketch\my_first_project_work.ino.cpp:1:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\TimerOne-1.1/TimerOne.h:47:15: error: 'WGM13' was not declared in this scope

The whole list of error ends with:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\megaavr\1.8.6\cores\arduino\UNO_compat.cpp:20:2: warning: #warning "ATMEGA328 registers emulation is enabled. You may encounter some speed issue. Please consider to disable it in the Tools menu" [-Wcpp]
#warning "ATMEGA328 registers emulation is enabled. You may encounter some speed issue. Please consider to disable it in the Tools menu"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back