Which ILI9341 library to use for T4.x?

garlinto

I noticed in the most recent Teensyduino update that some fixes were made to the ILI9341_r4 library. However, in doing many searches on the forums here and on google in general, I cannot find anything about the library. Also, it looks like folks are using the ILI9341_t3 or ILI9341_t3n libraries for the T4.x series.

Which ILI9341 libs should I be using for my T4s? And what is the "r4" variant?

Sorry never heard of the r4 library.

As for which library to use...

You of course also have the option of using the Adafruit library.

Depending on your needs, you can use any of them. I sort of have a preference for the _t3n library (as it is mine ;) )

Differences? between _t3 and _t3n...

_t3n probably use up more memory than _t3 ...

T3n has additional stuff in it:
Things like: Support for all SPI Buses. So you can use SPI1 or SPI2 on T4.x

We have a frame buffer that allows you to do all of your graphics to memory and then tell it to update the screen. The update can be done inline or can be done asynchronous using DMA. The DMA update can be setup to run continuous.

We probably have more graphic primitives - At one point I back ported some back to _t3 but not sure how many...
Also the original T4 support was done in _t3n and then I back ported it to _t3.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the response Kurt. The mention I saw of a ILI9341_r4 library was in Paul's post regarding Teensyduino 1.53: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/61623-Teensyduino-1-53-Released?p=244968&viewfull=1#post244968 The line is:
Fix ILI9341_r4 readcommand() & add readScanLine() on Teensy 4.x
It's possible I'm looking at that out of context, but I thought it was an indication of something interesting.

KurtE said:
We have a frame buffer that allows you to do all of your graphics to memory and then tell it to update the screen. The update can be done inline or can be done asynchronous using DMA. The DMA update can be setup to run continuous.
I think I'll take your ILI9341_t3n library for a spin since I'd like to make use of the frame buffer in a few of my projects.

Back