Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: [Teensy 4.1] Reading from Serial and creating multi touch events for a screen

[Teensy 4.1] Reading from Serial and creating multi touch events for a screen

Hi,

I have a custom multi touch display that supports 4 fingers. This screen comes with its own communication protocol. In order to get the touch to work I need to pull some information from it via serial, then I receive the touch reports and then I have to run my own program to simulate touch events on windows. This works but so far it is a windows-only solution.
    I would like to create a platform independent solution.

I was thinking of purchasing a Teensy 4.1 (with USB Host Cable) since I need 2 USBs. One to read from the screen and one to connect to the computer.

Can this idea work? I have used all kinda Teensy before but I am new to multi-touch.
    (by the way I have no way of changing anything on the screen side of things)

I am also wondering if the USB Host Cable will work with Teensy 4.1 since the title of the page says "USB Host Cable For Teensy 3.6".

Quote Originally Posted by alborz View Post
    Hi,

I have a custom multi touch display that supports 4 fingers. This screen comes with its own communication protocol. In order to get the touch to work I need to pull some information from it via serial, then I receive the touch reports and then I have to run my own program to simulate touch events on windows. This works but so far it is a windows-only solution.
    I would like to create a platform independent solution.

I was thinking of purchasing a Teensy 4.1 (with USB Host Cable) since I need 2 USBs. One to read from the screen and one to connect to the computer.

Can this idea work? I have used all kinda Teensy before but I am new to multi-touch.
    (by the way I have no way of changing anything on the screen side of things)

I am also wondering if the USB Host Cable will work with Teensy 4.1 since the title of the page says "USB Host Cable For Teensy 3.6".
    Also interested in a similar solution, did anyone find any solution to this?