Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: LIPO for Teensy 4.1 Development Board

LIPO for Teensy 4.1 Development Board

Hi, Can this board be powered via a laptop's USB port like the Arduino? In case of powering via battery, what LIPO batteries do you recommend?

Yes Teensy's run off USB power.

LiPo batteries are not 5V. Thus you need either 2S into a voltage regulator to make 5V, or 1S into a boost-converter to
    make 5V.

I recommend using a fuse/polyfuse with LiPo's as they can put out damaging amounts of current if there's a short.

The T4.0/T4.1 have a nominally 5V "Vin" pin that is limited to the range 3.6V to 5.5V. Basically use something
    that generates 5V, a powerbank would be ideal apart from the the fact they shutdown if too little current is drawn
    (I suspect a T4.0 or 4.1 won't have that problem though, and they have USB connectors already which is
    convenient).

There is a trace linking Vin to USB power, which is designed so it can be cut if you want to power via Vin while
    still using USB to communicate.

Personally I would recommend using LiFePO4 over LiPo due to the reduced risk of fire. With LiPo its vital
    that you have a cell or pack with protection circuit built-in, and LiPo should not be charged unattended as
    this is when they are most vulnerable if in a dodgy state.

Although I have not graduated to using the Teensy 4.0 or 4.1 just yet, I have made a battery powered project using a Teensy 3.2 with an ILI9341 display. For that I use an Adafruit Power Boost 1000 to monitor and charge the battery and their 2500mA LiPo battery.