Teensyduino 1.53 and Arduino Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

lg43

I installed Arduino 1.8.13 and wanted to install Teensyduino 1.53 with it. When I install Teensyduino, Arduino is unable to open up and says "Problem with Keywords: Could not load keyword.txt. Please reload Arduino". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Arduino, reinstalling older versions of Arduino 1.8.12, and remove anti-malware software, but Arduino still doesn't open up. Any tips would be helpful.

I have a Windows 10 Pro and a OS build 18362.1082, not sure if this is the problem.

Assume this is the Installer EXE version - not unzipped?

Have not done that for years. But 'keyword.txt' is a simple read only file for reference - so seems that would be a bogus message from another failure - or it is wholly confused by the 'sketchbook' folder location or other?

That version is missing one update - but is the Spring 2019 release [1903] - not either of the two subsequent 6 month updates [1909 or 2004]. Though that shouldn't be an issue.

Does this file exist? :: "%localAppData%\Arduino15\preferences.txt"
Does it have a valid entry for a folder that exists? :: sketchbook.path=

With that not working right - it might be best to Uninstall that copy or Arduino IDE.

I gave up the EXE install in 2015 - for questionable behavior, so not sure what it does today. Currently and since then the ZIP file is downloaded and extracted to a known folder, then run this file from there :: "T:\arduino-1.8.13\arduino.exe"

And running the TeensyInstaller point to that same directory - with the IDE CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back