'SPI_Hardware_t' in 'class SPIClass' does not name a type on Ra8876LiteTeensy

Status
Not open for further replies.

arno

Hello,
I try to use the Ra8876LiteTeensy but with an Compatible Arduino Mega2560, with the following display: SPI 7"TFT LCD Dislay 1024x600 w/RA8876
And I'm getting this error:

Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -MMD -flto -mmcu=atmega2560 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10813 -DARDUINO_AVR_MEGA2560 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino -I/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/variants/mega -I/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/libraries/SPI/src -I/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/SD/src -I/Users/arno/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ra8876LiteTeensy-master/src -I/Users/arno/Documents/Arduino/libraries/OneWire -I/Users/arno/Documents/Arduino/libraries/DallasTemperature /var/folders/46/956cmkys22x5wvys50tx9h980000gn/T/arduino_build_95528/sketch/gestion_ecs.ino.cpp -o /var/folders/46/956cmkys22x5wvys50tx9h980000gn/T/arduino_build_95528/sketch/gestion_ecs.ino.cpp.o
In file included from /var/folders/46/956cmkys22x5wvys50tx9h980000gn/T/arduino_build_95528/sketch/global.h:5:0,
from /Users/arno/Documents/Projets/Embarque/Arduino Thermometre/gestion_ecs/gestion_ecs.ino:1:
/Users/arno/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ra8876LiteTeensy-master/src/RA8876_t3.h:650:12: error: 'SPI_Hardware_t' in 'class SPIClass' does not name a type
SPIClass::SPI_Hardware_t *_spi_hardware;

I have no clue why and what to do, I just hope this library can be used to an arduinon Mega 2560.
Foe what I can see I'm using this version: 4/30/20

Thanks for any help.

It would not surprise me, we have not tried at all to make sure it was compatible or not with anything other than a Teensy (3x and 4X I think).

Not sure how hard it would be to do or not...

I believe we don't actually use that variable and it could be removed...

BUT we do define things like PROGMEM as to put stuff in high memory on things like the T4, but on AVR you then need to use all of the macros and the like to read those memory addresses.

Again probably could be done and if done, you might try to issue a Pull Request to the library owner to see if they would like to take in those changes.

image 1.jpg
image 2.jpg

I was able to make the RA8876 working with am Arduino due, and I borred the PIP code from your driver.
But I can't make it work.
On picture 1 you see what it suppose to be (I just made a memory move to have that) but on image2 it's what it's look like.
Any bell ring in your head to give me some advice on how to make it work ?
here is the line I settup:

// Menu display
#define MENU_WIDTH 500
#define MENU_HEIGHT 300

tft.PIP(1,1,PAGE3_START_ADDR,4,4,MENU_WIDTH+1,4,4,MENU_WIDTH,MENU_HEIGHT);

What I'm doing wrong, and how to fix it ?

thanks for your help

@arno - Really need to start from the beginning. This library was written for the Teensy T3.6 and T4.x. @KurtE and @mjs513 and @others spent a lot of time re-writing my original library to be more compatible with TeensyDuino. Regressing to an Arduino AT MEGA was not in the plan. I do have an At Mega 2560 and my curious nature is peeked but this looks like it would take some time to make it work (if possible). I Would suggest upgrading to a Teensy T4.x and go from there. I can't promise time to play with this but I think it would be the SPI parts that would have to be added and it would probably be SLOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back