Audio board for RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

faboo

Hi there,

I'm working on an audio board to bring ambiance and sound effects for my role playing games.
After some initial success, I'm reaching a point where I am concerned with the capacity of the Teensy to deal with two I2S inputs at the same time.
It is not very clear to me how Master/Slave modes have to be handled. Here is the overall sketch:
audio.jpg

The Music/Sound effects are played on the Pi, transferred to the Teensy via I2S, and captured on a PC using the USB audio interface.
This (the red block) works fine, provided that the Pi is Master and the Teensy is Slave (I tried the other way, but it didn't work).

Now, I would like to use the Teensy Audio Shield to capture voice through a microphone, possibly adding real-time effets (reverb, etc.) and mix it with the music.
I can forsee several issues with this, and I don't have a clear idea how to proceed, nor if it's possible at all!

• The Teensy becomes slaved by 2 masters (I read that the Audio shield acts as Master), which doesn't look good...
  • I think I should rather have 1 Master and 2 Slaves, but I'm not sure if the Master should be the Teensy or the Audio Shield...

Any advice on how to proceed?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back