Pin assignments for Audio Shield with T3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshooks

I assume that the Audio Shield pin assignments is the same for both the T3.2, 3.5 and 4.0. Is that true?

There is a unique T_4.x version of the Audio shield as some pins were moved - as needed for the updated processor chip - from the T_3.x standard.

That is documented on the PJRC product page to help selecting the right one and knowing what is where.

As defragster says the product page for the audio shield includes the two different shields. You want shield revision C for the Teensy 3.1, 3.2, 3.5, and 3.6. You want shield revision D for Teensy 4.0 and 4.1. The Teensy LC does not have some of the instructions used in the audio library, so in general you can't use the Teensy LC with the audio library.

The audio shield product page is:

I wrote this reply some time ago comparing the pinouts. Note, this was written after the Teensy 4.0 had been announced, but before the revision D of the audio shield had been announced:

This is a deep dive that I wrote on the pins used in the Teensy 3.x and the Teensy 4.x microprocessors with the appropriate audio shield:

And if your interest is primarily just producing sounds, but not a lot of the processing offered by the audio shield, there is this lower cost board using the PT8211 chip. I have bought this chip, but it is in my pile of things to solder someday. Note, for the PT8211, there are 2 PCBs, one for the Teensy 3.x and one for the Teensy 4.x due to the different pinouts:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back