Encoder PaulStoffregen

JNivard

Hai

I working on a closed loop stepper configuration using a linear scale. I use a teensy 4 withe the encoder and that is working fine. Now I need to monitor the
puls signals and direction pin to the stepper driver. The goal is to compare the theoretical position of the xaxis and the measured position using the linear scale.
In this way I can detect missing steps and correct it on the fly by adding pulse signals to the stepper driver. I can read the linear scale with a resolution of 0,005 mm
and a speed of about 10 mm a secunde. I build a xAxis with a precision of about 0.002 mm. It seems that I have time to monitor the stepper pulsen send to the driver.
I wrote a routine that is capable to insert a missing pulses into the stream to the driver. Now I work on the monitoring of the stepper pulses to the stepper driver (stepper DIR and stepper Puls)

My question is can I use the encoder (PaulStoffregen) software to monitor pulses that are send to the stepper driver. The pulse rate is about 3500 pulses per second. I can create a
second encoder object but will it count the stepper pulses. Can I modify the coding to make it count the stepper pulses. It seems to my that this will be a simple solution and good solution

Back