Persistent bug while loading USB serial driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastien

Hi,

I have some issues with a Teensy 4.1 / Windows 7. I can program the device fine and it works as expected but switching between USB drivers (serial, midi, serial+midi) the driver does not always load correctly (and Teensy appears as unknown from device manager, also disabling serial monitor).

The only way I found to (sometimes) solve this issue was to use keyboard+mouse+joystick driver, and back to midi+serial (the driver I want to use).

At this point however, I could never load the serial driver on its own (Teensy always shiw up as unknown device)... when it uses to work fine initially!

This seems all pretty unstable. Is there a way to wipe up all drivers / refresh from start or prevent these bugging issues?

> This seems all pretty unstable.

Possibly related - I found the audio+midi+serial option to not work with T4.0 and Linux. Serial alone or audio alone (except for volume control) has been fine.

Thanks for your help, I get your point and
it is indeed likely due to Windows 7 poorly handling usb drivers, but I will probably resist a bit longer to windows 10 on this machine ;)

If this can be of help to anybody else, the only way I could resurect the driver was by uninstalling the unknown device (from device manager), then plug the Teensy in a different USB port and load a script in Serial only mode. This way a new usb COM driver installed properly. Now both Serial and MIDI + Serial works fine (different COM ports) from both usb ports.

As a side note, the operation that presumably initially jammed this driver was to use "Dual Serial". I am not sure if it is buggy or not, at least on Windows 7.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back