Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: ILI9341 font background

ILI9341 font background

dear all

I've been porting the ILI9341_t3 code to STM32
    working so far fine, but I'm wondering one thing:

is drawFontChar not possible to set a background color to the font; the font always appears transparent, while the glcdfont has a selectable background color.

Is that intentionally like that or did I miss something?

I believe that the ili9341_t3 library draws the fonts with or without background color.

However I know the Adafruit library Adafruit_ILI9341 nor any of their libraries did not (probably still don't) draw their GFX fonts except as transparent. By design as they did not want to handle the issues associated with font characters could overlap.

My ili9341_t3n library supports opaque or transparent with system font, ILI9341_t3n fonts and we also support GFX fonts including the opaque. I think the code caught most of the cases, but could always have missed some.

Hi Kurt

thanks for the first hint; as far as I see your ili9341_t3n lib is further developed regarding the opaque/transparent feature for gfx fonts, so I guess, I'll adopt your way solving this thing, it's certainly the more sophisticated way than implementing workarounds in Pauls lib.
    but still, I'm maybe overseeing something there